- HIV disproportionately impacts LGBT young people experiencing homelessness and housing instability.
- Service providers and policymakers must address social determinants of health to link unstably housed young people to care and retain them.
- Providers must foster open discussions that both destigmatize HIV and address precautions young people living with or at risk of contracting HIV can utilize.
- HIV testing and prevention efforts must address young people with experiences of homelessness’ basic needs and be designed to take into account the systemic and institutional effects of their multiple marginalized identities and social markers.
- Providers must ensure that shelters are inclusive and culturally competent to serve LGBT young people.